Sunday, September 4

Cooking for Canines: Bacon Birthday Biscuits



Dear Layla,

Happy 3rd birthday! Thank you for being our dog.  Every since we met you, you've wiggled your way into our hearts and turned us into a family.  Even though I tell everyone that we adopted you, I know the truth - that you adopted us.  

You came to us at a turning point in my life, when I had left behind my job and embarked on this journey to nursing school and beyond.  You were always there through the good days and bad days, curled up beside me, ever present and loving.  When I was newly pregnant and sick in bed, you napped beside me and calmed me down.  


Now, whenever I come home from work, you're so excited to see me that the stress of the day just melts away.  I love you so much, and I'm so excited for many more years to come.

Love,

Girl Human


Happy Birthday Bacon Biscuits
3 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1-1/2 cups cornmeal
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup bacon bits

Time and temperature:  375 for 30 minutes

Stir together the flour, the cornmeal and the bacon bits.  In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, water and oil.  Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.  Turn out onto the counter or workspace and knead until the dough forms a ball.  If your dough is too crumbly, wet your hands for added moisture.  Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut with your favorite cookie cutter.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes until golden brown at the edges.  Share with your best furry friend.

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! I can't wait to make these for my pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are great family members.. mine's sitting beside me right now.

    Your dog is beautiful.

    I'm wondering, do people ask if you adopted her or if she's your biological daughter? Like how do you come up with that response :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now it's your turn to share...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...