Monday, July 5

Happy Fourth of July!! (Feta Cheese Spread)

I love the Fourth of July. It might be one of my favorite holidays - the sun, the grilled hamburgers, the beach, the fireworks, the saltwater taffy...love it!!

(I love saltwater taffy...so much we gave it away at our wedding!)

We spent the long weekend at the shore with my family, and when we came back I realized that dinner was going to be an interesting problem - I haven't been to the store in over a week, and the husband was huuuuuungry. I threw together a bunch of stuff in my fridge and ended up with a delicious sun-dried tomato and feta spread. Put it on a wrap with some oregano chicken and romaine, and it was a delicious night!

(cheese + tomatos = awesome)
Feta Cheese Spread
1 package feta cheese
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatos (I used the dried ones, decrease EVOO if using the oil-packed ones)
1/2 tsp oregano

Process all ingredients in a food processor or Magic Bullet (with the flat blade) until creamy.

(chicken wrap with sun-dried tomato feta cheese spread)

I also made ice cream sandwiches, which I'll post tomorrow once the ice cream sets. It's going to be 100 degrees this week - we need all the frozen nom noms we can get!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Now it's your turn to share...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...