Tuesday, December 7

Take two and call me in the morning (Sugar Cookies)

We're halfway done with exams.  I've actually done really well on them so far, so here's hoping that the stream of luck will continue.  During a study break on Sunday, I decided that my classmates and I needed something to help us get through these stressful and anxiety-ridden times.


So I made Valium cookies.

Or rather, the generic version, diazepam cookies.

Warning:  may cause a yummy taste on your tongue and a feeling of happy fullness in your stomach.

 

Sugar Cookies
2-1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.  In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.  Add the egg and beat 2 minutes, until fluffy.  Beat in the vanilla.  Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.  Shape into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap - refrigerate for up to 3 days, or at least one hour.  

When you're ready for the cookies, remove the cookie dough and let it sit out for 15 minutes.  Preheat the oven to 350.  On a floured surface, roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes, flouring the cutter as you go.  I used an empty juice glass for round cookies.  Place on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are beginning to brown.  Cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes, then move to a wire rack.  Decorate with whatever flips your switch!  (I used white writing icing to draw the drug imprint and the score line.  Get creative! But avoid stacking them before the icing dries completely.)

Share with other stressed out people. :o)


3 comments:

  1. nice job honey!!!!! they were delicious, I mean, they look delicious! I'm so proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies are very cute. You are right about the yummy taste give the tummy lots of happiness. Good luck for the rest of your exams :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies are SO cute! I have a friend getting her Pharm D and I should make these for her some time! This is a genius idea, and I love the title of your post too. Hope your exams went well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now it's your turn to share...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...