Tuesday, June 8

Like opening a new can of paint....oh the possibilities!

Aaahhh! It's like a clean white wall, or an empty mixing bowl. This empty blog stretches out in front of my fingers, waiting to be written on, obsessed over, peppered with pictures, generally infused with life, and (perhaps) even read. Alas, all that will have to wait one more day, as I'm supposed to be studying for my two exams that will happen bright and early tomorrow. Procrastination? Definitely.

But just because we're already here, let's start out with a short story. It's about a girl who was working at a crappy sales job (though surrounded with mostly wonderful people). She was stressed out, irritated, unfulfilled and getting fat. Her wonderful, supportive, and always well-meaning husband suggested that, just perhaps, she needed a change. So after much soul searching, pondering and second guessing, she enrolled in nursing school, quit her job and never looked back.

Yes, you guessed it, that girl is me. I took 6 weeks between leaving my job in February and starting school in March to reassess my life and figure out what makes me happy. During that time I got a dog and a cookbook, both of which have been huge parts of my newly found joy. So far I've completed 11 weeks of nursing school, learned what it means to be married to a wonderful man, discovered the joys of loving a dog, and created many yummy (and not so yummy) experiments in my kitchen.

This, my little corner of existence, will be where I share my failures and successes. But not until tomorrow after my exam. Until then, I leave you with this:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

(Cutest pup in the world, right there in my backyard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Now it's your turn to share...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...